Friday, May 4, 2012

Day one

As I sit here listening to two very annoying dogs bark in the downstairs apartment, I am looking at my own dog, a 90 pound golden retriever named Franky. I am so grateful to be blessed with such a loving creature, who completes my live and that of my husband...until of course we have kids. But for now, he is living up being an only child.

This is my first blog from my new iPad. I only just recently took the dive in to apple products when I converted to the iPhone. Today, I dove even further by purchasing an iPad. I am so excited to have it, and I don't even know where to start. The one thing that bums me out is that I cant upload photos to my blog from it. I'm sure there is a way, but as a day one newbie, I have yet to figure it out.

I am currently cross stitching a six by six inch square for a charity quilt that my favorite blog makes every year. Enter spritestitch.com. For this quilt, they take six by six inch screenshots cross stitched on 16 count white aida fabric. Every square has to be stitched, even if the background is white, it has to have a white stitch. My absolutely favorite video game series is Super Mario. So I chose my screenshot to be from Super Mario World, played on the Super Nintendo console. I have finished everything but the blue background. Yawn. Boring....

The squares are due in September, so I'm hoping I have time to stitch another, which I already have planned out and turned in to a pattern. Enter Commander Keen. Hopefully I have time to do this one too. I mean, I know I'll finish this one this weekend, but I already have my next regular project lined up.

And until I can figure out how to add pictures, you'll have to take my word that it looks awesome.

Until then, I bid you adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment